LOCAL MARKETING MISSION:
Get a professionally designed website for your business.
These are Bernadot Studios’ scores based on our experience working with business owners. These ratings assume no specialized technical or design skills.
- Difficulty level for completing this mission yourself 100% 100%
- Urgency 80% 80%
- Cost 100% 100%
Your website IS your business online.
It represents your business’ values, offerings, and level of professionalism.
Your website should be used to educate your prospects and customers to elevate you above your competitors.
When built properly, it will convert traffic into leads for your business.
While it is the most expensive mission on our checklist, it also has a high ROI, since it will generate leads and ultimately sales for your business year after year.
Do I really need a website?
While my answer is “yes”, because a website allows you to build trust and establish your business with potential customers, there may be circumstances, even temporarily, that a website may be less critical.
While these circumstances are not typical, I think they are important to share with you.
Here is a list of times when a website is less critical:
- You have no competitors – you are the only game in town for the service / products you offer
- You’re already turning away customers – you already have more customers than you can handle
- You’re tinkering with an idea for selling products with a small budget – Ebay or Etsy are affordable solutions and allow you to test the waters for an idea to see if it has wings
Should you build your own website?
First off, “building” your own website today is easier than it has ever been.
The barriers to entry are extremely low.
There are many website building tools that allow you to build a website by point and click and drop ‘n’ drag technology.
I often compare the metamorphosis in website building technology to that of digital photography.
Just like we no longer need film, a darkroom or developer for view photographs, web coding skills are no longer required for most modern website builders.
So just because the tools make it easier, does that mean you should do it yourself?
Now, I rated the difficulty level above of completing this mission at 100/100.
Why so high if building a website has become so much easier?
The answer lies in the unseen knowledge, design skill, marketing, and psychology that goes into website design.
If the goal is to get more leads, you have to know what you’re doing, or mistakes will cost you leads.
So while it might be less expensive upfront to build your own website, you could end up failing because of mistakes or oversights.
Here is a list of things to be aware of if you are contemplating building your own website:
- Time – do you have the time to build, update and maintain your website?
- Desire – do you have the desire to learn & work with website design software? Are you confident working with technology?
- Design skill – do you have the skill and software to design graphics, icons, and manipulate photos?
- SEO – do you know the proper way to optimize your pages for Google?
- Accessibility – do you know what to consider when building a website for people with disabilities? Do you know what can happen if your website is not accessible?
- Written content – do you know what content to include and how to write for your audience?
- Pages – do you know what pages you need to meet the needs of your visitors and Google?
- Mobile design – do you understand responsive design? (Google’s recommended method)
- Performance – do you understand what factors affect page loading speeds and how speed affects your search rankings?
- Prevent Hacking – do you know how to keep your website protected? Do you know what to do if your website is hacked?
- Secure Website – do you know how to secure your website? Google highly recommends securing all pages.
Doing It Yourself:
If you decide to build your own website, I highly recommend building a WordPress website with the Divi theme from Elegant Themes (note: this is an affiliate link).
While there are certainly other options out there, I only recommend what I use to build websites for all of my clients.
Get help with Bernadot Studios
We understand that you may not have the time or desire to go through this process, so we offer a service to do this for you. Check out the packages we offer below…
Website Design Packages:
Pro Basic Package
For those of you asking for “just a simple website“.
$997 + $77 / month
- Uses our pre-designed DIVI theme, customized with your logo and colors (no other theme modifications)
- Includes 5 pages*: (Home, Services, About Us, Contact Us & Accessibility)
*additional basic pages can be added for $150 per page
- Use your own domain name
- Quick turnaround (within 14 days of receiving content)
- Accessible website – this matters in 2019
- Ability to manage your own website (WordPress)
- 1 contact form, with email notifications and logged submissions
- 1 stock photo image for background, if requested
- Links to social media accounts
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed or your money back
Monthly Fee Includes:
Hosting & Email Services
- Stable & monitored hosting servers
- Secure website hosting (250MB of storage space)
- Email service (1 account)
- Support by phone or email
- 7 days a week
- 24 hour response guarantee. If we do not respond within 24 hours, we credit your account $50.00
- Specific plugins installed to minimize unauthorized access to your website
- Daily scans for all software on your website that may be out of date (WordPress, Theme(s) & Plugins)
Licensing for Premium Software
- Updates to all software license of the premium software we use (Divi theme, Gravity Forms, etc.)
- Plugin upgrade protection: if a plugin breaks after a software update, we will help find a replacement for the plugin or work with the plugin developer to resolve the issue
- In the rare occurence of a security breach, we will work at not cost to restore & prevent further breaches
Why is this option so affordable?
- We’ve done away with all in-person meetings
- All page content is provided by you via our simple to use form system
- The website design is predetermined using our uniquely designed template that is customized to your logo and branding colors, but no other customizations are permitted
- No bells and whistles included (e.g. shopping carts, payment processing, event calendars, specialized online forms, etc.)
- Click the "Contact Us" button below
- Choose to either give us a call (please leave a message) or send us a message
- We'll promptly reply or return your call